BUILT To commemorate the Duke of Wellington’s visit to Bombay in 1801, Wellington Fountain (now renamed Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Chowk) is encircled by some magnificent colonial buildings. These include the old Majestic Hotel (now the government-owned Sahakari Bhandar) with its mock minarets and Gujarati balconies, and the elegant Art Deco Regal Cinema, designed by Charles Stevens and completed in 1934. His lather, Frederick William Stevens, designed the imposing grey stone Indo-Gothic Sailors’ Home, with a basrelief of Neptune on its front gable, in 1876; it is now the Police Headquarters. Equally impressive are the Edwardian Cowasjee Jehangir Hall, now he National Gallery of Modern Art and the Indo-Saracenic Prince of Wales Museum . Adjoining it is Hornbill House, the headquarters of the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS), a prestigious institution established in 1883.